Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Souls In Search Of A Home! APlace For The Disabled

Well Hello!
My name is Louise! I thought I had a chaotic life before Soulful Encounters with all my ups and downs with my disability. Try building a website..a place where all the lovely differently abled souls could congregate;a home to call their own. I wanted to have a neat place where disabled singles could have fun, chat, find friends and help if they needed it. It would be a unique disability community. Once the idea hit me, I could not get any rest until I put it into action.

I did not know who to approach or where to go with my plan. I first approached a very nice man that had maintained computers for large companies. He told me that he would be able to help. After six months I only had the main page but he was never progressing beyond that. I had my youngest son look at this failed masterpiece and he dared to voice what I felt. He said, "Oh Mom that is ugly". Hmmm! It did not take him six months to figure that out.

The very next day I shopped around for a nicer spot to house a disabled dating arena. I was sure that my disabled friends were waiting for me to take them in. So I chose a business place because they told me that they could have me up and running in a few weeks. Six months later, it went live but without all the features that I wanted for a disability dating site. However, I did not have members so I did not worry much.

There were so many things to delete, change or add. It has been a learning experience for someone who would not go near a computer 3 or 4 years ago. I had to ask family and friends to join up and pretend that they were my disabled persons trying to log on. We had to see if this dating site was functioning as it should be.
It is one year later and my disability home for the medically disabled and differently abled is still trying to progress.

My days have been full to say the least. One year later and I am still waiting for features to be implemented and finishing touches to be done. I am of the compulsive nature so this waiting was worse than having my physical disability. I thought this would be easy---just assign someone and off you go.

Next time I will tell you about some of my frustrations...

No comments: