Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Music To My Ears

When one hears music amidst a bit of chaos...you are surely blessed!! The music man came playing and his music resounded from my ears right to the centre of my heart...
The Music Man was Soulful Encounters first disabled member, and; already because of this, he was very special to me. Shortly after he joined,I received a kind email from him saying that he was willing to hand out flyers for Soulful Encounters. His emails were articulate showing me that he is quick and very intelligent....friendly and kind. Speaking with him indicates to me that he is a very normal young man with hopes and desires and dreams. Sure he has a disability but sometimes the disability lies more with how abled bodied persons perceive us. They become more disabled than us!! This sweet young man offered me some of his savings to help with new features for Soulful Encounters. I was so shaken by his email that tears came to my eyes. He really cares about my site for the medically disabled and differently abled! Of course, I would not take advantage of his generosity but one cannot deny that I am blessed. I have been hearing music ever since!!

No comments: